Algoma Public Health
- Public Health Nurse- Wawa ON
Public Health Nurse- Wawa ON
The PHN works in collaboration with internal and external partners to improve the health and well-being of the population (i.e. children, families, youth, and adults) in our communities. Program and services will be delivered using evidence informed practice and relevant guidelines and protocols and the PHN will work in their full scope of practice.
Activities may include home visits, school and child care visits, clinical services, population health approach, community assessment, collaboration and meaningful community engagement.
Qualifications, Experience, and Public Health Nurse Skills for this position include (but not limited to):
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognized university
- Current certificate of registration from College of Nurses of Ontario
- Ability to apply health promotion, disease and injury prevention and health protection strategies
- Ability to apply a population health approach to public health practice
- Experience with program planning, development, implementation and evaluation based on health equity and effective public health practice including public policy, community mobilization, health education and skill building.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals, families, groups and communities
- Ability to effectively work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to navigate, and promote linkages to community programs and services
- Ability to build effective relationships with community partners, agencies and/or regional/provincial committees
- Ability to use reflective practice to continually assess and improve practice
- Excellent interviewing, counselling and teaching/facilitating skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed, and highly responsive manner, to establish priorities and balance multiple projects
- Experience with electronic health records and electronic data systems would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be reliable and have a good attendance record
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and evenings, as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and use of a reliable vehicle
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) with satisfactory clearance is a condition of employment, at own expense
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Algoma Public Health will provide accommodation for candidates with disabilities, upon request
Submit applications to:
Algoma Public Health
c/o Human Resources
294 Willow Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 0A9
Fax: (705) 759-2540
We would like to thank all candidates for responding; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.