Algoma Public Health
- Summer Student
Algoma Public Health will receive applications for a Summer Student- Clerical and Administrative support in the Sault Ste. Marie office.
Ability, Experience, and Skills for this position include (but not limited to):
- Applicants must be enrolled in post–secondary studies returning to school in September 2019
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to manage a multi-line telephone system
- Customer service experience
- Effectively communicate with APH staff and clients in a professional manner
- Familiar with the use of general office equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Duties of this position require lifting (up to 20 pounds), with frequent standing and walking
- Flexibility to work in other programs and services areas with training as necessary
- Must be reliable and available to work the entire summer period from selected start date. Requests for time off are considered when they do not conflict with program needs
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and evenings, as required
- Oral and written proficiency in both official languages is an asset
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) with satisfactory clearance is a condition of employment, at own expense
APPLY NOW: Subject line must remain as is. Attachments must be in MS Word or Portable Document File (PDF) format.
Deadline for receipt of applications:
4:30pm, April 5, 2019
Submit applications to:
Algoma Public Health
c/o Human Resources
294 Willow Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 0A9
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Algoma Public Health will provide accommodation for candidates with disabilities, upon request.
We would like to thank all candidates for responding; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.