Algoma Public Health
- Supervisor, Healthy Growth and Development Program
Supervisor, Healthy Growth and Development Program
Permanent full-time position
Reporting to the manager, the supervisor provides public health leadership to a multi-disciplinary team including nurses, family support workers, and dieticians. Working collaboratively with staff and community partners to achieve the public health goals, the supervisor supports implementation of HG&D programs and services that meet the requirements of the Ontario Public Health Standards, Accountability Framework, Algoma Public Health’s strategic plan, policies and procedures, and relevant legislation such as the Health Protection and Promotion Act.
The supervisor supports the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of assigned programs and services within HG&D including Healthy Babies Healthy Children and population health promotion activities.
Qualifications Ability, Experience, and Skills for this position include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or relevant field preferred.
- Masters of Public Health or relevant field, or working toward a Masters would be an asset.
- Knowledge and application of Public Health legislation, Standards and Protocols.
- Knowledge and application of evidence based Public Health practice and decision making.
- Effective leadership attributes to supervise, motivate, empower and coach employees in order to effectively deliver exceptional client services.
- Proven ability to be a team player while leading and providing guidance and consultation for front line employees.
- Knowledge of human resource functions including working in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge and ability to participate in budget development and implementation.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Commitment to confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and maintain credibility.
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism and ensuring a high level of integrity.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude toward position, clients, service providers and personnel of APH.
- Proven ability in demonstrating critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning skills in order to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to work collaboratively, both internally and externally.
- Advanced knowledge in computer skills as it pertains to systems required for this position.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Oral and written proficiency in both official languages is an asset.
- A valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to an insured working vehicle.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and travel to meet program needs.
- Compliance with APH’s agency policies and relevant program policies and applicable legislation.
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) with satisfactory clearance is a condition of employment, at own expense.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Algoma Public Health will provide accommodation for candidates with disabilities, upon request
Deadline for receipt of applications:
December 12, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Submit applications to:
Algoma Public Health
c/o Human Resources
294 Willow Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 0A9
We would like to thank all candidates for responding; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.