Algoma Public Health
- Travel Information
Travellers who have returned from Hubei province, including Wuhan City, or Iran or Italy should:
- Stay at home and avoid close contact with others, including those in their home, for a total of 14 days from the date they left Hubei province or Iran or Italy.
- Contact their local public health department within 24 hours of arriving in Canada. For Algoma residents, this means contacting Algoma Public Health at 705-759-5404 or TF: 1-866-892-0172, ext. 5404.
Local travellers who went to the PDAC 2020 conference (Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada) in Toronto should:
- For those who attended this conference, monitor symptoms for 14 days.
- The Public Health Agency of Canada and the Ministry of Health advise all travellers to monitor their health for fever, cough, and difficulty breathing for 14 days after arriving back in Canada.
- If symptoms develop within 14 days, returning travellers are directed to self-isolate as quickly as possible and immediately call their health care professionals or Algoma Public Health to make arrangements to be tested.
Learn more about travel advisories related to COVID-19.