Algoma Public Health
- Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP)
Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP)
The new publicly-funded dental care program for seniors is now available.
The Ontario government is moving forward in providing low-income seniors access to quality dental care through the new Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program.
- Resident of Ontario aged 65 and over
- Have an annual income less than $19,300 or are a couple with a combined annual income of $32,000 or less
- Have no access to dental benefits
- (e.g., private insurance or other government programs such as Ontario Disability Support Program or Non-Insured Health Benefits Program)
How will financial eligibility be determined?
Eligibility for the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program will be based on a senior’s net income (line 236 from your income tax form).
How will a low-income senior access the OSDCP?
Do you need to sign up or can they just book an appointment?
A provincial processing centre will handle all of the completed application forms and will verify the applicant’s income. Eligible seniors will receive a dental card in the mail confirming their enrollment in the program, at which time you will be able to book an appointment
What dental services will be covered under this program?
Dental services covered under this program will include the following:
- Preventive services (e.g., cleanings)
- Restorative services to repair broken teeth and cavities
- Oral surgery services to remove teeth or abnormal tissue
- Endodontic services to treat infection and pain
- Periodontal services to treat gum conditions and diseases
- Prosthodontic services, including dentures, will also be covered to a certain extent under the OSDCP.
For more information, please call the oral health services team:
T. 705-942-4646, ext. 3085
TF 1-866-892-0172, ext. 3085.