Algoma Public Health
Youth Engagement & Development (YED)
Across Algoma many organizations are embracing a Youth Engagement and Development (YED) approach that's producing more rewarding and successful youth outcomes. By creating partnerships with young people to help set priorities and share their talents, we can more effectively reach our goals together.
Organizations interact with young people in different ways, including youth as:
- Clients or service recipients
Can your organization, committee or program benefit from creating higher level YED opportunities with young people? Consider:
- Are young people a target audience?
- Are young people impacted by the decisions made by your organization, committee, program or service?
- Is there a need to increase relevancy of your organization, committee, program or service among young people?
- Are you experiencing challenges in which youth involvement may foster innovative solutions?
- Could youth involvement inspire future career choices?
Engaging young people can be a useful long term human resource strategy.
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, consider creating a higher level youth participatory opportunities. For ideas, visit the Algoma Youth Engagement Network and the resource section below.
Date of Creation: June 1, 2015
Last Modified: June 1, 2015