Algoma Public Health
Accessible Client Service Policy
This policy is intended to meet the requirements of Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and applies to the provision of goods and services to the public or other third parties, not to the goods themselves.
All goods and services provided by Algoma Public Health shall follow the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity.
- This policy applies to the provision of goods and services at premises owned and operated by Algoma Public Health.
- This policy applies to employees, volunteers, agents and/or contractors who deal with the public or other third parties that act on behalf of Algoma Public Health, including when the provision of goods and services occurs off the premises of Algoma Public Health such as in: delivery services, call centres, vendors, drivers, catering and third party marketing agencies.
- The section of this policy that addresses the use of guide dogs, services animals and service dogs only applies to the provision of goods and services that take place at premises owned and operated by Algoma Public Health.
- This policy shall also apply to all persons who participate in the development of the Algoma Public Health's policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods and services to members of the public or third parties.
In accordance with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Services, Ontario Regulation 429/07, this policy address the following:
- The Provision of Goods and Services to Persons with Disabilities
- Assistive Devices
- Guide Dogs, Service Animals and Service Dogs
- Support Persons
- Notice of Disruptions in Service
- Feedback Process
- Notice of Availability and Format of Documents
Date of Creation: June 1, 2015
Last Modified: June 1, 2015