Algoma Public Health
- Beauty and Body Art Safety (Personal Services)
Beauty and Body Art Safety (Personal Services)
Public Health Inspectors are responsible for the Personal Service Settings Program. The program involves:
- Assessing and inspecting all personal service settings to ensure compliance with Ontario Regulation 136/18 under the Health Protection and Promotion Act and the Guide to Infection Prevention and Control in Personal Service Settings
- Providing education to owners, operators and the public
Personal services include but are not limited to:
- Tattooing & micro-blading
- Body piercing & ear lobe piercing
- Electrolysis & laser hair removal
- Barbering & hair dressing
- Manicures & pedicures
Public Health Inspectors will respond to personal service complaints of facilities within the Algoma District.
For information on product recalls check with Health Canada.
Date of Creation: June 1, 2015
Last Modified: January 16, 2020