Algoma Public Health
COVID-19 Immunization Tracker
Information has been gathered from COVax-Ontario and Algoma partner-led vaccination clinics. It represents a snapshot at the time of extraction and is subject to change over time.
Our immunization tracker provides regular up-to-date information on Algoma's COVID-19 vaccination rollout.
Immunization Uptake and Coverage in Algoma
Last Updated: 2:15 PM, January 17, 2022
|% of total population that has received at least one dose||83.5%|
|% of total population that have received at least two doses||77.9%|
|% of eligible population (5+) that has received at least one dose||87.2%|
|% of eligible population (5+) that have received at least two doses||81.3%|
|% of adult population (18+) that have received at least one dose||90.1%|
|% of adult population (18+) that have received at least two doses||87.3%|
|% of youth population (12-17) that have received at least one dose||83.4%|
|% of youth population (12-17) that has received at least two doses||79.1%|
|% of child population (5-11) that have received at least one dose||53.4%|
Notes regarding coverage reporting update (2021-12-13):
- In an effort to provide the most accurate information, changes have been made to COVID-19 vaccine reporting that impact the coverage calculations, including:
- Updated population denominators to Statistics Canada 2020 Population Estimates (previously based on 2020 population projections).
- Expansion of the eligible population to include 5+ (previously reported at 12+).
- Inclusion of individuals born in 2009 in the 5-11 age group (previously included in the 12-17 age group).
- Alteration of age group cut offs which are now based on birth year cohorts (previously based on age at time of first immunization).
- The counts and coverage presented on this page include:
- Algoma residents who have received a COVID-19 vaccine, regardless of the location of vaccine administration.
- People without public health unit information in their record, if their address is in Algoma.
- People without an address or public health unit information in their record, if their vaccine was administered at an Algoma immunization clinic.
- The data presented is preliminary and subject to change, pending further review.
- Currently, for most people, receiving two doses of COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada constitutes being fully immunized for the purposes of the provincial vaccine certificate program. However, this is subject to change due to evolving evidence on the need, safety and effectiveness of third/booster doses
For further information visit:
- Public Health Ontario's COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake Surveillance Report. (https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/media/documents/ncov/epi/covid-19-vaccine-uptake-ontario-epi-summary.pdf?la=en)
- ICES COVID-19 Dashboard (scroll down for map) or click here to download list of vaccine coverage estimates for selected age groups by Forward Sortation Areas.
- Immunization Data: Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, COVaxON.
- Population Estimates 2020: Statistics Canada. Table 17-10-0134-01 Estimates of population (2016 Census and administrative data), by age group and sex for July 1st, Canada, provinces, territories, health regions (2018 boundaries) and peer groups