Algoma Public Health
Out-of-Province - COVID-19 Vaccine
Submitting proof of COVID vaccination received out of Ontario/Canada
If you live in the Algoma district and received one or more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine outside of Ontario or Canada, please complete the fields below and upload your proof of vaccination.
- If you do not live in the Algoma district please contact your local public health unit for information on how to submit your proof of vaccination.
- In Ontario, an individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:
- The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines.
- One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or
- Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada; and
- They received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago.
- If you require additional dose(s) of vaccine and have booked an appointment with your Health care provider, plan to visit a pharmacy or community walk-in/pop up clinic, please allow least 3 business days for your submission to be assessed and uploaded into the Ontario COVID vaccine documentation system for clinic staff to review.
- Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 Guidance for Individuals Vaccinated outside of Ontario/Canada.
Please Note: You must have an Ontario residence, and more specifically, a residence (address) within the Algoma district, to submit your proof of vaccine to Algoma Public Health to be entered into COVax and receive an Ontario Vaccine Receipt. If you will be moving to Algoma in the future, please wait until you arrive to submit your documents.
Due to the high volume of requests submissions to Algoma Public Health can take up to 10-14 business days.
Algoma Public Health (APH), on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Health, collects and documents COVID-19 vaccine dose information for residents of the Algoma district immunized outside of Ontario. APH will register these doses and upload a digital copy of documentation in the Province’s electronic immunization system for COVID-19 vaccines. This information is being collected to help the Province of Ontario and APH better understand how many people are immunized. For those who have received only one dose of COVID-19 vaccine and are seeking a second dose in Ontario, getting this information into the Provincial system will expedite your clinic visit.