Algoma Public Health
Vaccine clinics in Algoma
Safe and effective vaccines will help protect us against COVID-19.
This page will be updated frequently. Please check back often
Follow along with our COVID-19 Immunization Tracker as we provide regular up-to-date data on Algoma's COVID-19 vaccination rollout.
If you have questions specifically related to the vaccine itself you can call Ontario’s Vaccine Information phone line: 1-888-999-6488
In Sault Ste. Marie, check the Vaccine Availability Tracker for any open appointments.
- Anyone born in 2009 or earlier: Pfizer only clinics
- Aged 18+: Moderna only clinics
Eligible individuals must be age eligible at the time of immunization
Find a local clinic or pharmacy near you, or consult with your health care provider
In the Algoma region, eligibility is based on when you received your first dose. You are eligible to receive your next dose 28 days after you have received your first dose.
3rd doses will be provided for individuals who meet eligibility criteria and are able to produce the appropriate documentation (i.e., letter from their healthcare provider or specialist with necessary information or a copy of their prescription
- Transplant recipients (including solid organ transplant and hematopoietic stem cell transplants);
- Patients with hematological cancers (examples include lymphoma, myeloma, leukemia) on active treatment (chemotherapy, targeted therapies, immunotherapy);
- Recipients of an anti-CD20 agent (e.g. rituximab, ocrelizumab, ofatumumab); and
- Residents of high-risk congregate settings including long-term care homes, higher-risk licensed retirement homes and First Nations elder care lodges.
Click here for complete list of no-appointment necessary clinics across Algoma
Select from four (4) available regions:
Sault Ste. Marie & Area
Pharmacies Offering Vaccinations
The following pharmacies are offering vaccines to eligible youth born in 2009 or earlier (turning 12 in 2021), at time of appointment, with some offering to adults aged 18+.
Those who are interested in booking an appointment, can also visit ontario.ca/pharmacycovidvaccine.
Walk-ins are welcome.
Last updated: October 12, 2021