Algoma Public Health
Beauty and Body Art Safety (Personal Services)
Public Health Inspectors are responsible for the Personal Service Settings Program. The program involves:
- Assessing and inspecting all personal service settings to ensure compliance with Ontario Regulation 136/18 under the Health Protection and Promotion Act and the Guide to Infection Prevention and Control in Personal Service Settings
- Providing education to owners, operators and the public
Personal services include but are not limited to:
- Tattooing & micro-blading
- Body piercing & ear lobe piercing
- Electrolysis & laser hair removal
- Barbering & hair dressing
- Manicures & pedicures
Inspections, Complaints & Recalls
Before receiving a personal service, view the facility's Inspection Results. Algoma Public Health’s Be Spa Safe is your guide to protecting yourself at the spa.
Public Health Inspectors will respond to personal service complaints of facilities within the Algoma District.
For information on product recalls check with Health Canada.
Date of Creation: June 1, 2015
Last Modified: January 16, 2020
Personal Service Setting Notification Form